مشاهدة النسخة كاملة : Stevie Wonder

نجوم
31-01-2008, 10:43 AM
Short Biography of Stevie Wonder

Brought to Motown at the age of eleven, Stevie Wonder was born blind, but with a special gift – the gift of songwriting, piano playing, and an uncanny vocal rhythm. His awards are too numerous to count, but include twenty-one Grammy Awards and an Oscar Award.
Stevie Wonder had forthright parents who brought him up as any of their other children. He would have to fend for himself and make it in the world. His parents quickly caught on to their son’s musical ambitions and allowed him to perform on Sundays during church services. Even when he was brought up in Detroit, Michigan, his parents made sure that all their children led as balanced a childhood as possible – whether it be in school, sports, or music.
Just after his eleventh birthday, Stevie Wonder was presented to the CEO of Motown who saw great talent in the small virtuoso, which thus led to his being called ‘Little Stevie Wonder’ both by other artists and on his future records. By the mid-1960s, Stevie had already had hits that topped the charts. At this time, he began experimenting with writing more of his own music and wrote music for others who played under the Motown label. By the early 1970s, Stevie Wonder wanted more artistic control of his songs. When he wasn’t allowed, he decided to leave Motown and released two of his own recordings, which did well. With that, Motown agreed to another contract with Stevie and thereafter gave him all artistic rights to his music.
Throughout the seventies and eighties, Stevie continued winning awards and releasing hit songs. He even opened for The Rolling Stones in their tour across America in 1972. Here, he was given a chance to appeal to those who mostly listed to rock n’ roll. Those who heard Stevie Wonder play the concert often claim that they had never heard pop music cross the border into the world of rock so well. Following his rock n’ roll stint, Wonder then released another huge pop favorite, You are the Sunshine of My Life. He went onto release Love’s in Need of Love Today and Pastime Paradise. He won three Grammy Awards and an Album of the Year award for his release of Innervisions. He then recorded I Just Called to Say I Love You, which topped both American and European charts. Even to this day, Stevie Wonder continues to release albums, most notably A Time to Love in 2005.

MS. ... told me to do it

:whistling: