مشاهدة النسخة كاملة : How To Improve Your English

حوراء الحصن
23-05-2007, 09:30 AM
READ IT

Read as many English books, newspapers and magazines as you can find.

LISTEN TO IT

Try some of the radio stations

TALK IT

Talk to friends who are also learning English. Make a rule that perhaps for an hour, or when you go out together, you will only speak English to each other!

English is an easy language to start learning because:
it has no genders. Apart from people, all objects are 'neuter', not 'masculine' or 'feminine'. So you say 'it' for such things, and do not need to learn any genders.

it usually has easy verb endings. Apart from a few 'irregular' verbs, verb endings are easy, and hardly change.

adjectives remain the same for all words - there are no different endings to learn.

the singular and plural pronoun 'you' is the same. There is no need to decide whether to use a polite form, or an intimate form, when speaking to someone
The difficult parts of English are:
the spelling of a word may not show what the pronunciation (way of saying) the word is.
This is because English words came from many different sources. It is not a 'pure' language.

because English came from two main sources - old French, and old Anglo-Saxon, there is a very large vocabulary of words. Words with similar meanings may have come from both sources.

native English speakers use a lot of idioms, that is - words used in a way which is not their obvious meaning. An English speaker may say,

"I do not think much of apples."
This does not mean he doesn't often think about apples. It means that he does not like apples very much!
But don't worry. You will find that you can understand and communicate even when you have not been learning English for long

نظرعيني
26-05-2007, 03:18 PM
nice topic thanx sis:)

نجوم
26-05-2007, 10:26 PM
I will improve my English her
In hesnoman and in school

:4:

thanks ye

حوراء الحصن
27-05-2007, 07:33 AM
I wish to use njooooooooooom

hamdoon
01-10-2007, 01:11 PM
I want to add these point for all of you:
How o be a good listener:

*there are lots of points:
Pay attention-focus on the person.
Do not get distracted by other things around you.
Show your listening by saying "uh-huh" or nodding your head.
Keep aquit while the person's talking.
Wait to ask questions or give comments.
show others you care about what they have to say.

حوراء الحصن
01-10-2007, 01:22 PM
Thank you brother, the addendum

فواكة
13-11-2007, 12:01 AM
http://up4.arabsh.com/07/4127531.gif (http://up4.arabsh.com)

حوراء الحصن
13-11-2007, 10:40 AM
The focus and understanding of the meanings is more important Thank sister:S_032: